5. Change log¶
5.1. Version 0.21.1¶
- Fixed install error on Python>=3.6 caused by click-repl being incompatible with click 8.0.
- Added the missing closing of the image file in the ‘partition mount-iso’ command.
- Disabled a Pylint ‘consider-using-with’ issue on a Popen in test code that was properly terminated again.
5.2. Version 0.21.0¶
- Increased minimum version of zhmcclient to 0.30.0.
- Added an option –secure-boot to lpar scsi-load command (issue #148).
- Added an option –force to lpar scsi-dump command (issue #148).
- Added support for DPM capacity groups with a new ‘capacitygroup’ command group. (issue #157)
5.3. Version 0.20.0¶
- In the ‘cpc list’ command, removed the output of the ‘iml-mode’ and ‘is-ensemble-member’ properties, because ensemble support has been removed from the HMC by now.
- Deprecated several property control options in ‘list’ commands because the
corresponding properties are now always shown:
--typeoption in the ‘adapter list’ command
--typeoption in the ‘cpc list’ command
--machoption in the ‘cpc list’ command
--typeoption in the ‘lpar list’ command
--typeoption in the ‘nic list’ command
--typeoption in the ‘partition list’ command
--adapteroption in the ‘vswitch list’ command
- Deprecated the options
--boot-storage-hba/wwpn/lunof the ‘partition update’ command for booting from an FCP storage volume. Use the new
--boot-storage-volumeoption instead with the “HBA/WWPN/LUN” format. (part of issue #130)
- Fixed a log test failure in zhmccli caused by a change in logging output in zhmcclient 0.23.0.
- Fixed an exception “No formatted text” on python 2.7 by pinning ‘prompt-toolkit’ to <2.0 on Python 2.7 (issue #53).
- Mitigated the coveralls HTTP status 422 by pinning coveralls-python to <3.0.0.
- Pinned Pygments to <2.4.0 on Python 3.4.
- Pinned readme-renderer to <25.0 on Python 3.4.
- Fixed AttributeError when listing hbas on CPCs that have the storage mgmt feature (z14 and later) (issue #113).
- Fixed a KeyError when accessing the email-related options in the ‘storagegroup create’ and ‘storagegroup update’ commands. (issue #129)
- Fixed a KeyError when accessing a no longer existing option in the ‘storagevolume create’ command. (issue #137)
- Test: Fixed GitHub Actions test workflow failure by increasing the version of the ‘readme-renderer’ package to a minimum of 0.23.0 which moved the failing ‘cmarkgfm’ dependent package to an extra we are not using.
Increased minimum version of zhmcclient package from 0.19.0 to 0.25.0 due to new LPAR related functions being used.
Added a ‘dump’ command for ‘zhmc partition’ that works for CPCs with and without the DPM storage management feature.
Added more ‘zhmc lpar’ commands for logical partitions in CPCs in classic mode:
- zhmc lpar stop
- zhmc lpar psw-restart
- zhmc lpar scsi-load
- zhmc lpar scsi-dump
Added support for usage related command line options to the partition list command that include additional fields in the output: –memory-usage for showing memory allocation to the partitions, –ifl-usage and –cp-usage for showing IFL and CP allocation, weighted capacity and actual usage.
lpar loadcommand options:
--no-clear-indicatorflags to the
lpar loadcommand. It controls whether the memory should be cleared before performing the load operation or not.
--store-status-indicatorflag to the
lpar loadcommand. It controls whether the status should be stored before performing the load operation or not.
os-ipl-tokenoption to the
Added support for the storage management feature, by adding new command groups
vstorageresourceand by adding new storage management related sub-commands to the
partitioncommand group (issue #56).
Added support for Python 3.7.
Migrated from Travis and Appveyor to GitHub Actions. This required several changes in package dependencies for development.
Dropped the use of the pbr package. The package version is now managed in zhmccli/_version.py. (See issue #64)
Added Python 3.9 to the set of versions that is tested in the CI.
Test: Ensured that dependent packages are upgraded to their latest versions in ‘make install’ and ‘make develop’ by invoking Pip with ‘–upgrade-strategy eager’.
Added some more resource properties to ‘list’ commands, including name properties of the parent resources. All ‘list’ commands now support these options for controlling the properties shown (issue #93):
--names-only: Restrict properties shown to only the names of the resource and its parents
--uri: Add the resource URI to the properties shown
--all: Show all properties
Increased minimum version of Click from 6.6. to 7.0 to get support for ‘hidden’ property of options (related to issue #93).
Added support for setting a storage volume in a storage group as the boot volume for a partition, by adding an option
--boot-storage-volumeto the ‘partition update’ command (issue #130)
Conflicting boot options specified for the ‘partition update’ and ‘partition create’ command are now detected instead of silently applying an undocumented preference scheme. (part of issue #130)
Changed CPC and LPAR properties that were always hidden in the output of the
lpar showcommands due to their length or object nesting depth, to now be hidden only in certain cases.
Changed Partition properties in the output of the
partition showcommand that have a significant length or object nesting depth to now be hidden in certain cases.
The hidden properties are now always shown in the JSON output format, and they are shown in the table output formats if a newly added
--alloption is used on these
Hidden CPC properties: - auto-start-list - available-features-list - cpc-power-saving-state - ec-mcl-description - network1-ipv6-info - network2-ipv6-info - stp-configuration
Hidden LPAR properties: - program-status-word-information
Hidden Partition properties: - crypto-configuration
(related to issue #56, also issue #144).
Increased minimum version of zhmcclient to 0.29.0.
Docs: Changed documentation theme to Sphinx RTD Theme. (issue #155)
- Changed old-style string formatting to new-style (issue #89).
- Removed build tools no longer needed on GitHub Actions.
5.4. Version 0.19.0¶
lpar deactivatecommand is now non-forceful by default, but can be made to behave like previously by specifying the new
--forceoption. In force mode, the deactivation operation is permitted when the LPAR status is “operating”.
- Aligned the check for when to use pyreadline instead of readline in zhmcclient/_helper.py to be consistent with the platform check in requirements.txt: By checking for the win32 platform. Related to issue #47.
Fixes and improvements in Makefile.
Added initial set of function tests for zhmc command.
Improved the table output of complex properties (arrays or nested objects), to use nested tables, where possible. See issue #9.
Added support for a
--forceoption in the
lpar deactivate, and
lpar loadcommands. It controls whether the operation is permitted when the LPAR status is “operating”.
Note that this changes
lpar deactivateto be non-forceful by default (force=True was hard coded for deactivate, before this change).
Added support for a
--activation-profile-nameoption in LPAR activate.
Added support for
- Improved support for logging to the system log in zhmccli.py: Added support for retrying multiple addresses if creating a Python system log handler fails. Added localhost:514 as a second choice for Linux and OS-X. This fixes the system log issue on the Travis CI with Ubuntu 14.04 (Issue 35). Added support for system log in CygWin, using /dev/log and localhost:514 as the addresses to try.
- Removed the assertions in zhmccli.reset_logger() that verified the result of resetting the log handlers. It turned out that recently, a log capture logger is present that is caused by the test environment. These assertions were probably a bit overkill anyway (Issue #35).
5.5. Version 0.18.0¶
This is the base version for this change log. The zhmccli project was split off of the python-zhmcclient project based upon its released version 0.17.0. For prior changes, see the change log of the python-zhmcclient project.
- Fixed the issue that the readline module is not available in standard python on Windows, by using the pyreadline module in that case.
- Fixed a flawed setup of setuptools in Python 2.7 on the Travis CI, where the metadata directory of setuptools existed twice, by adding a script remove_duplicate_setuptools.py that removes the moot copy of the metadata directory (python-zhmcclient issue #434).
- Added the version of the zhmcclient package to the output of